I often have to pinch myself to believe that she is no longer that cute, chubby, fun-loving little strawberry blonde who used to constantly entertain us with her Dolly Parton impersonations or would go riding off down the valley on her beloved pony "Pilot". In my mind she is still that kid. That has been the hardest thing for me to come to terms with but I am getting better (aren't I Kendall?)
Kendall has grown into a beautiful, confident young woman. In a few months time she will graduate as a Teacher and intends to follow her dreams and work with Students with Disabilities. She is a truly amazing human being and I am so proud to call her "my daughter".
The 10 Things I Love About Kendall
- She is funny and has the most raucous, infectious laugh.
- She loves animals and has befriended SO many homeless cats and dogs over the years - and yes, they are ALL still living with us!
- She became a Vegetarian at 12 because she couldn't stand the thought of all those baby lambs being slaughtered and she has held strong to her convictions.
- She knows how much I love chocolate Freddo frogs and when I really NEED one.
- She is a fantastic cook and makes the BEST cup cakes and pumpkin/pine nut couscous.
7. She loves the fact that I am a Blogger and constantly encourages and supports my blogging journey.
8. She has excellent taste in boyfriends! (Hello Alan - see you in a couple of weeks!)
9. She loved (and misses) my Mum (her Nanny) just as much as I do.
10. She is fiercely loyal and will defend till the death! (slight exaggeration - but you get the picture)
11. She has a fabulous singing voice and I am CERTAIN will be the next "big thing" in Australian country music.
12. She takes over the driving when I have a "melt down" driving up any (extremely steep!) mountain range.
13. She let me stand next to her in the mosh pit at the Bon Jovi concert when she was 18.
14........okay, I know I said "10 Things"....... but there is just one more........
15. She is my best friend!