More often than not, the only person who really reads my ramblings is myself. Perhaps this is why I consider it such an indulgence. It allows me to write the things I sometimes find difficult to say in person - the things I feel in my heart but just can't express in the spoken word.
So if you should happen to read this today Adam - this is for you!
Oh.....and please excuse my little indulgence when I tell you (and anyone else who might stumble
across my little post today) what makes you so special
and how lucky I am to have you as my son!
The Ten Things I Love About Adam
- You were my first born and even though I had absolutely no idea about babies, parenting, rearing well adjusted and considerate sons - you turned out just fine (in spite of me!);
- When you were 3 years old - you gave me a crumbled bunch of alamanda flowers for my birthday because Dad was away working and you didn't want me to be sad because I didn't get a present;
- I remember how devastated you were when you found out that Santa Claus wasn't real but how you continued to "believe" (as long as you could still hear the bell!);
- Your smile lights up the room;
- I love it when you play your guitar and sing and I love the song you wrote for Elice;
- You have such wonderful taste in girlfriends;
- I love the fact that you love movies like "Cold Mountain"; "Where the Wild Things Are"; and "Polar Express";
- You share my love of writing and reading (and books);
- I love your kindness, sincerity, and compassion - and am inspired by your determination and will to succeed;
But most of all........
10. I love how you have stayed TRUE to yourself and your beliefs..........
And for just being you!
Lots of love always xxoo